Dermaplanning is excellent for treating post inflammatory acne scars, dull, dry, and sun-damaged skin, as well as fine lines & wrinkles. This service is extremely beneficial for clients that are pregnant, sensitive or have allergies and cannot handle strong exfoliants. The added benefit of the removal of your vellus hair will help your makeup go on smoother and more even. The gentle nature of this treatment means it can be done frequently with no change to your vellus hair color or density
Dermaplanning is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that involves the use of a small scalpel to gently scrape away the top layer of dead skin cells and peach fuzz hair on the face. Here are some potential benefits of dermaplanning:
- Exfoliation: Dermaplanning removes the dead skin cells that can accumulate on the surface of the skin, which can make it appear dull and rough. By removing this layer, the skin underneath can look smoother, brighter, and more even in texture.
- Enhances product penetration: By removing the layer of dead skin cells, dermaplanning allows for better absorption of skincare products. This can help improve the effectiveness of your favorite moisturizers, serums, and other products.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles: Dermaplanning can help smooth out the skin’s surface, which may reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Removes peach fuzz: Dermaplanning removes the vellus hair or “peach fuzz” from the face, which can make makeup application smoother and help prevent buildup in the hair follicles.
- Safe for most skin types: Dermaplanning is generally safe for most skin types, including those with sensitive skin. It is a non-invasive procedure that does not involve the use of chemicals or harsh exfoliants. However, it may not be suitable for those with active acne or other skin conditions.